How to create custom color schemes?

I would like to be able to create cards with different color schemes.

I've noticed the map cards have the ability to do this with just a few simple single-color schemes, but I would like to be able to use these same schemes (and hopefully even a larger variety of schemes) with specifically bar/line graphs and all other card types.  

Sometimes I have lots of series and don't want to change the color for each one, how can I go about setting a color palette for the entire card?

Best Answer

• NWolf
    NWolf Domo Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi Talkwal,

The color schemes available vary between cards. Some cards, like the bar graph, have a color section that can be accessed in the “Chart Properties,” where you can assign each value it’s own color. These colors are selected from the list available for that specific card type.

Other cards, like the “Map” cards, or a “Heat Map Card” have color themes you can choose from.

Here is an article, from our help center, that provides easy to follow steps, and screen shots, of the process I explained above. The article can be found here: “http://knowledge.domo.com?cid=chartcolors

I also want to make you aware of a feature request that has been submitted to our development team, which outlines the need for more colors when customizing a card. I have added this case to the request.

Let us know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks, Talkwal.

-Nate Wolf

-Domo Support

If I have answered your question, please click “Yes” on my comments option.

Answers

• Hi all,

Can anybody help @Talkwal out?

Thanks!

• NWolf
    NWolf Domo Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi Talkwal,

The color schemes available vary between cards. Some cards, like the bar graph, have a color section that can be accessed in the “Chart Properties,” where you can assign each value it’s own color. These colors are selected from the list available for that specific card type.

Other cards, like the “Map” cards, or a “Heat Map Card” have color themes you can choose from.

Here is an article, from our help center, that provides easy to follow steps, and screen shots, of the process I explained above. The article can be found here: “http://knowledge.domo.com?cid=chartcolors

I also want to make you aware of a feature request that has been submitted to our development team, which outlines the need for more colors when customizing a card. I have added this case to the request.

Let us know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks, Talkwal.

-Nate Wolf

-Domo Support

If I have answered your question, please click “Yes” on my comments option.

• @Talkwal, did @Wolf's reply help you out?

• @LizWR yes, I appreciate the help!

This discussion has been closed.