Cam I access metadata about datasources?

Is there a way to access metadata for Domo datasources?

We are using both database data and SaleForce data in our Domo instance. When we create datasources from the database, we have as a choice the ability to use column aliasing to create more user-friendly field names.

SalesForce SOQL, however, does not provide that capability. If we build a datasource of the field names for any Domo datasource, we could adopt any number of strategies to provide consistent field naming on a more global basis.

Comments

• Hi all,

Can anybody help out @stanjackson?

Thanks!

• Gimli
    Gimli Contributor

Hello @stanjackson,

There is not a way to pull all meta data about all datasets. However we can do one dataset at a time. 

Using https://developer.domo.com/
    You can make the API call : GET /v1/datasets/{datasetId} to pull the meta data about that dataset. 

Here is a link to the API call: https://developer.domo.com/docs/domo-apis/data#API%20-%20Get%20DataSet%20MetaData

**Say “Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • @stanjackson, did @ilikenno's reply help you out?

• I admit that a lot of folks say, "Oh, you can use the API for that".  But the samples and other bits are lacking there for those of us with no experience in this area.  

I want to access the metadata about the datasets - specifically the row counts for each ODBC dataset so I have a bit of a QA check on the data (did I get it all? How out of sync is it?) and while I can list 50 datasets in the LIST API, I have no idea how to invoke a Domo API from within Domo, save the 50 results into a table along with the previous results (a loop of 50 results at a time will take about 20 loops for 1000 datasets), then build a STREAM to load everything back into Domo as a dataset.  

If someone has some examples of how to do that, I'd be grateful.