Getting "Access to path 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\DomoCache\3d4edfasdf3.... is denied" error

rado98
rado98 Contributor

I keep get a t least once a day on 2 to 3 what appear to be random jobs:

Execution Status: Error

Execution Message: "Access to path 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\DomoCache\3d4ed4ta6dfas.... is denied" (the numbers and text string being different every time).

At that point the jobs may upload again on their next cycle but sometimes they don't.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue.

I am the only user of my PC and have admin rights.

I have about 50 DataSet jobs 99% Excel spreadsheets that are mostly set to update every 15min. Although most are only actually updated once or twice a day.

Comments

• alexpeay
    alexpeay Domo Employee

@jeremyhurren & @paynejg have either of you seen this error before? 

(Click like to let me know you saw this message ?  )

Alex Peay
    Product Manager
    Domo
  • jeremyhurren
    jeremyhurren Domo Employee

Are you using impersonation in your job settings? I have seen an issue in Wb4 where the impersonation and unimpersonation are not always synced up correctly, which could result in a situation where the thread your job is running in does not have rights to clean up its cache directory.

This is an issue that would be addressed in the next release of Workbench sometime this fall.

In the meantime, you could workaround it by putting the files in a location that doesn't require impersonation to access them, and turning off impersonation on the jobs.

• kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

@rado98, tagging you to check out jeremyhurren's reply.

• rado98
    rado98 Contributor

I thought I had replied to this already, apologies for the delay.

All our files are on a shared server, moving them is not possible nor would I want to if I could.

I'll just have to wait for the fix.

• alexpeay
    alexpeay Domo Employee

@rado98 would you be interested in getting early access through our Workbench Beta program? If you are give this a like and I will reach out to get your contact information.

Alex Peay
    Product Manager
    Domo
  • I am having a similar problem & was wondering if a solution, other than removing the impersonation, has been found.  Was this issue supposedly resolved with the wb 4.5 update? (I have tried both wb versions & neither seem to correct the issue)

• Hi all, Can anybody help @chloemacdonald out? Thanks!

• Hi @chloemacdonald,

Let's take a deeper look into this issue. Due to the nature of your request, can we take this offline? I will report the solution back here when we come to a resolution. I'll be sending you a private message to setup a Support case.

----

I work for Domo.

This discussion has been closed.