Scheduling second run of a job on Workbench

Is it possible to set up a second run of a job in Workbench?  I am currently running the job at 6:30am and would like to add a second run at 10:30am.

Comments

• AdamT
    AdamT Domo Employee

Hi @cmarutzky - Great question! Before I go too far, which version of WB are you using?

-----
    I work for Domo.
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
  • Version 4

• AdamT
    AdamT Domo Employee

Awesome, so in v4, if you go to the "Tools" in the ribbon, and select "Schedule", it will take you through a wizard that will allow you to set up advanced scheduling for you job using Windows Task Manager.

Screen Shot 2016-11-02 at 9.33.51 AM.png

Once you get to the Task Scheduler, I would recommend just setting up two schedules, one for each time you want it to run. 

-----
    I work for Domo.
  • Thanks for the response.  I am getting a 'Failed to create Workbech DataSet Job Group' error.

• AdamT
    AdamT Domo Employee

Sorry to hear that it's giving you an error. Could you tell me where exactly in the process you are receiving the error? Also, are you able to reach the Windows Task Scheduler outside of Domo Workbench?

-----
    I work for Domo.
  • Right after I select which jobs to include in the task I get the error.  When I hit the button that says failed, it does launch the task scheduler but I am not sure what to do from there.

• AdamT
    AdamT Domo Employee

From the Task Scheduler, you would expand the "Task Scheduler Library" and then the "Domo" (or "Domov4") folder and any scheduled tasks would appear in the Task Scheduler pane for you to manage. 

Creating the Workbech DataSet Job Group is a crucial step, however. Since this is where Workbench creates a job that can be managed by the Task Scheduler. Since I am unable to replicate the same error you are getting, I would recommend that you email support@domo.com to get the error resolved, so you can move forward with the advanced scheduling.

-----
    I work for Domo.
  • @cmarutzky, did any of @AdamT's replies help you out?

This discussion has been closed.