Can you create calculations in Sumo cards?

I want to create an average unit rate in a sumo card (revenue/units), and built it in the card itself so it is not accidently averaged or inaccurately manipulated when filtering. 

Best Answer

• zcameron
    zcameron Contributor
    Answer ✓

While you can't create beast mode calculations directly on a sumo card, you can use calculations created on other cards and saved to the dataset. To do this, create your calculation on a standard, non-sumo card (it doesn't really matter which type, as long as it isn't a sumo card). When you save it, make sure you check the box for "Share Calculation on Dataset". 

Screen Shot 2016-11-02 at 11.37.39 AM.png

After you save the beast mode and then save the card, the beast mode field will become available on Sumo cards built using this dataset.

I hope that helps!

Answers

• Hi all, Can anybody help @JaneneStarr out? Thanks!

• zcameron
    zcameron Contributor
    Answer ✓

While you can't create beast mode calculations directly on a sumo card, you can use calculations created on other cards and saved to the dataset. To do this, create your calculation on a standard, non-sumo card (it doesn't really matter which type, as long as it isn't a sumo card). When you save it, make sure you check the box for "Share Calculation on Dataset". 

Screen Shot 2016-11-02 at 11.37.39 AM.png

After you save the beast mode and then save the card, the beast mode field will become available on Sumo cards built using this dataset.

I hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.