Income statements

NateJ
NateJ Member

Has anyone had any success in building a custom income statement card?

Something like this:

Comments

• kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

Hi all,

Can anybody help @NateJ with their question?

Thanks!

• I'm interested in this as well. Working on income statement and other standard financial reports and I'd like to see how others approached it.

• Chips
    Chips Domo Employee

Was there ever a response here? I, too, am interested.

Domo Consultant

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Yes I created this view using a SUMO card. However, there is no way to add indentation in the view similar to how it is in your picture. 

• I've seen several approaches:

• Build cards for each account and have an income statement page to display the "statement" in its entirety, broken down by collections.  Charts to display trends but summary numbers to display current values.  Obvious potential downside is the statement is pretty unusual for people used to scanning a typical statement, though that doesn't have to be a bad thing.  You gain trending and interactivity.
    • Sumo cards or table cards, which are usually built on a dataflow behind the scenes to aggregate and order the accounts.  No trending here like there is above and also slightly abnormal formatting.
    • BYOA (Bring your own app): You build your own custom app, with the organization and aggregation logic in the app or in a dataflow.  This is a good method because you can do whatever you want style-wise, and it can be very interactive, but you also have to fund, build, and maintain it on your own.
    • Pay Domo or their development partners to build an app for you.  I've seen some beautiful things here. There is a cost and potentially a waiting period while your project gets prioritized with others.

Aaron
    MajorDomo @ Merit Medical

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • @NateJ, did any of the above replies help you out?

This discussion has been closed.