How do I get free social user licenses for my team?

Chandler
Chandler Member
edited March 2023 in Datasets

Best Answers

• MitchyMitch8
    MitchyMitch8 Domo Employee
    Answer ✓

If you click the "Add Person" button at the top of Domo, any email you enter into that screen will be invited as a social user. Message me if you don't see it, as it's not turned on for everyone yet. 

Screen Shot 2016-10-20 at 1.13.21 PM.png

• gatormain
    gatormain Member
    Answer ✓

Hi @Chandler- do you know what access level you have? To invite users, you must be 'Privileged' or 'Admin' - you may want to ask your administrator. 

Also, I don't think social users are available until Domo Buzz is installed on your instance. I believe that is when they appeared for me. If that is the case, you should reach out to one of your Domo consultants.

After this last update - my 'Add Users' button changed to an 'Add to Domo' button - it's in the top right, near the navigation grid and user settings. 

AddUserDomo.PNG

Answers

• Hi all, Can anybody help @Chandler out? Thanks

• jehat
    jehat Domo Employee

Chandler,

Social licenses are free, and there is not a process to obtain them. You simply invite new social users to Domo and they get a license. If you have any more questions concerning this, please contact support@domo.com and reference ticket #02488824.

Joe
    Domo Support

• MitchyMitch8

Hi @Chandler I'm the product manager for Social users and wanted to make sure that you figured out how to do this. Let me know if you need some help ?

• Sorry for my absence. We do this just by sharing a dashboard or a card right?

• MitchyMitch8
    Answer ✓

If you click the "Add Person" button at the top of Domo, any email you enter into that screen will be invited as a social user. Message me if you don't see it, as it's not turned on for everyone yet. 

Screen Shot 2016-10-20 at 1.13.21 PM.png

• I notice that we don't have that button up top. Any way we can get it?

• gatormain
    gatormain Member
    Answer ✓

Hi @Chandler- do you know what access level you have? To invite users, you must be 'Privileged' or 'Admin' - you may want to ask your administrator. 

Also, I don't think social users are available until Domo Buzz is installed on your instance. I believe that is when they appeared for me. If that is the case, you should reach out to one of your Domo consultants.

After this last update - my 'Add Users' button changed to an 'Add to Domo' button - it's in the top right, near the navigation grid and user settings. 

AddUserDomo.PNG

• @Chandler, did any of the above replies help you out?

• Yeah, the button to add users wasn't there before and I'm not sure what happened but it's there now. Thanks!