Data Lineage

I believe this was a feature announced at DOMO-palooza 2015 but is still not available. I would just like to reiterate its importance and maybe flesh out some details that I think would be additionally helpful.

There needs to be a "Data Lineage" or family tree feature in DOMO. DOMO Admins and data curators need this function to be able to see:

• The entire lineage of the dataflow starting from a single/multiple Datasets
  • The dataflows that use the dataflow in question
  • The dataflows that are "spawned" off of the dataflow's direct children and then subsequently the children thereafter
  • All of the cards that are created based off of that dataflow, it's children, or any subsequent generations thereafter

The addition of such a feature would make auditing the state of data in DOMO easier, cleaning up and maintaining the instance more efficiently, and an overall better user experience and QoL.

Comments

• @baroncurtin,

Thanks for your post!

Have you reviewed our ideas exchange here? I would suggest doing a quick search to see if these have been suggested already and if so please vote them up by clicking on the white arrow next to the title.

If not, then please add these as an idea and others can vote them up. The product management team will review and comment on your ideas accordingly.

Thanks!