Is it possible to display external content in a domo card/dashboard?

I tried to use the Salesforce connector to connect to a report I want to display, but it doesn't show up in the list of available reports. THerefore, I would like to see if its possible to display the SF report as-is in a DOMO card. is that possible?

Comments

• kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

Hi all,

Can anybody help @DennisL out?

Thanks!

• humpherys
    humpherys Domo Employee

Hello @DennisL,

In order for you to see your reports in the drop down menu of the SalesForce Connector, they must be in a table format and made public. If you make sure your report matches these two rules, you will be able to pull it into Domo via the SalesForce Connector. Please note that the SalesForce API limits the data to 2000 rows per pull. For more information about the SalesForce Connector, here is the article from our Help Center: http://knowledge.domo.com?cid=salesforce

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you.
    Ashley Humpherys

Domo Support

• Thank you for your reply, but I think I need to be more clear: what you're referring to is bringing the SF content in as a dataset. I'm asking if I can display an actual SF report in a window in DOMO. Or perhaps I can ask another way-- can you make an HTTP call to an external source, and then display what's returned in some kind of iframe in DOMO?

• humpherys
    humpherys Domo Employee

Hello @DennisL,

Thank you for clarifying. I highly reccommend uploading your data into Domo and then recreating the report in one of our cards. This will be the best and easiest way to visualize your data. The only other way you could do this is to create a custom app. If you would need help building the app, then you would need to reach out to Consulting.

Please let me know if you have any more questions about this.

Thank you.
    Ashley Humpherys
    Domo Support

• Hi Ashley,

Can you elaborate more on what you mean by "they must be in table format"? I have a few reports in Salesforce that I would like to bring into Domo, but only a few of them are showing up in the drop-down menu of the Salesforce connector. 

Appreciate your help,

Wayne Wong

This discussion has been closed.