Current day vs same week day last week

Hi is there anyway to get say Thursday this week vs Thursday last week view in a card, without having to create a dataflow to restrict data ?

View expected

Thursday 1st September Values

Thursday 26th August    Values

Best Answer

• shaanarora
    shaanarora Member
    Answer ✓

Your best bet is probably just to add a Beast Mode column that includes only those two dates. Example:

CASE

WHEN DATEDIFF(CURRENT_DATE(),`Date Field`)  = 0 OR DATEDIFF(CURRENT_DATE(),`Date Field`)  = 7 THEN 'Include'

ELSE 'Exclude'

END

Then filter that field to 'Include' rows.

Answers

• kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

Hi all,

Can anybody help @domo_ooed out?

Thanks!

• What kind of card are you trying to build? A multi-line chart showing week over week trends or something else?

• Bar chart showing daily volumes by provincial distribution. Currently I show last 9 days so that it will show data 29th Aug Monday to Sep 5 Monday.

Ideally I want to show only 29th August Monday and Sep 5th monday excluding  all other days (like a Week over week view)

• To make sure I'm following, you'd like to see a card looking at yesterday vs a week ago from yesterday where the X axis is your provincial groupings?

• Stacked graph (with provincial grouping adding to 100%)

X axis will be time axis (yesterday and last week) Chart sample

• shaanarora
    shaanarora Member
    Answer ✓

Your best bet is probably just to add a Beast Mode column that includes only those two dates. Example:

CASE

WHEN DATEDIFF(CURRENT_DATE(),`Date Field`)  = 0 OR DATEDIFF(CURRENT_DATE(),`Date Field`)  = 7 THEN 'Include'

ELSE 'Exclude'

END

Then filter that field to 'Include' rows.

• kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

@domo_ooed, tagging you to check out shaanarora's latest reply. 

• perfect this works. 

Thanks. 

This discussion has been closed.