Add a new person with a different email address

Andrew_L
Andrew_L Member
edited March 2023 in Datasets

I am attempting to add a new person to my groups however it will not allow me to type in their email address and only provides the option to select the same domain as me or a domo.com domain.

I have a number of business affiliates that need access to this data who will all have different email domains.

How do I give them access to these reports?

Best Answer

• miken12r
    miken12r Domo Employee
    Answer ✓

To add a user to a group, the user first needs an account in your Domo instance. For security reasons, invitations to your instance are controlled by a "whitelist" of authorized domain names. To add users from a different email domain, ask a person with Admin rights to add their domains to the Authorized Domains list.

Alternatively, to share specific content without creating an account for business affiliates, you can use Domo's Publication Groups feature. 

Answers

• miken12r
    miken12r Domo Employee
    Answer ✓

To add a user to a group, the user first needs an account in your Domo instance. For security reasons, invitations to your instance are controlled by a "whitelist" of authorized domain names. To add users from a different email domain, ask a person with Admin rights to add their domains to the Authorized Domains list.

Alternatively, to share specific content without creating an account for business affiliates, you can use Domo's Publication Groups feature. 

• kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

@Andrew_L, did miken12r's reply help you out?