Does anyone have any Xero integration best practices to share? Having issues. Thanks!

Hi all,

I'm new to Domo and trying to connect Xero but running into some issues getting the data in the way I would like. The reports to select from our limited and the headers don't seem to be very helpful. 

When in Xero I can run a report to give me month vs. month data with a YTD total. However my only option to bring in is current month vs. same month last year (May 2016 vs May 2015). 

Was wondering if anyone had any tips or best practices they've come accross? Much appreciated!

Comments

• kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

Hi all,

Can anybody share their best practices for Xero integration wih @Richard_Salinas?

Thanks!

• andrewnemrow
    andrewnemrow Domo Employee

The Xero connector is not yet public facing. Users still have to open an Support ticket in order to get one set up on their instance. There are not yet any best practices on integration for Xero, and we would appreciate specific feedback on your needs. Please open a ticket with Support requesting an enhancemnet for the Xero connector and include details on what fields or reports in the API you would like to be included. This will assist Development in making improvements to the connector.

Thank you for your patience,
    Andrew Nemrow

• kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

@Richard_Salinas, tagging you in case you haven't seen andrewnemrow's reply.

• Hi Andrew,

Very delayed in my response! I have 3 issues that I am facing with Xero.

1) When the month changes the card breaks. For example, currently my balance sheet is set to August 2016 because it doesnt have an option of the current month. So on September 1st the card will no longer work because the field will no longer exists.

2) I have several parent companies that own sub companies and therefore share the same Xero. For example, one of my entities is simply a holding company and owns 4 other companies, classified as Departments in Xero. However, that is not an option that comes over with the connector, so there is no way for me to 'slice and dice' the data. I can only see the financials at the parent company which is not very powerful at all. 

3) The fields/reports available through the connector are a fraction of the reports available in Xero itself. Basic reports such as an aging report is not available through the connector.

Thanks for the help and I hope enhancements are coming soon!

• kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

@andrewnemrow, tagging you in case you haven't seen Richard_Salinas' post. 

• Austin
    Austin Domo Employee

@Richard_Salinas,

Would you be willing to provide a URL to this dataset that you need assistance with? I will follow up with you on Monday 08/22 if I haven't heard from you before then.

-Austn Webb

Technical Advisor

**Say “Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Austin
    Austin Domo Employee

@Richard_Salinas,

I am following up to see if you are still in need of assistance from Support in regard to the Xero connector. If so, please reply to this message or send an email to support@domo.com.
    -Austn Webb

Technical Advisor

**Say “Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • If I could chime in, it would be amazing to be able to see Xero data in Domo the same way that users are able to see Quickbooks data. For example, there is a Quickbooks Online Quickstart App in the Domo AppStore that has rich reports. I've been unable to import my Xero data in the same manner to produce similar reports. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I'm thinking not...

Thanks for considering!

• @getsupply

You may want to consider posting your idea in our ideas exchange located here.

Regards,

Dani