Table card cut off when published

I've built a card that displays an inventory list for our sales team. The goal is to publish this table for them to retrieve whenever they need it and know that they're receiving the latest data. I'm using a table card in order to conditionally format some of the cells.

Unfortunately, when that table is published, it has a limited view space and cuts off a significant number of rows once it reaches its max height. I've thought about splitting up the inventory into separate cards to reduce its height, but that may not be enough.

Is there a way for the published table card to have a heigher height or a scrollbar?

Best Answer

• theCliffs
    theCliffs Member
    Answer ✓

We're getting farther away from the original idea of publishing the table. I'll accept this as a solution seeing that it doesn't seem like there's a way to publish a table that displays all rows. I may submit it as an idea to consider.

Thanks for your ideas!

@ckatzman wrote:

Got it.

What kind of conditional formatting are you applying?  Still thinking in terms of an Excel output, and while not as aesthetically pleasing, perhaps you can accomplish the same net effect by creating some sort of flagged values in a Beast Mode column to draw attention (as opposed to color highlights, or something like that)?  What about using HTML in a BeastMode to employ the use of ASCII symbols to convey the result of a conditional format?  those should still export properly, I would think.

Answers

• ckatzman
    ckatzman Contributor

@theCliffs, how are you "publishing" your table card?  If you are exporting an extensive table card in a PowerPoint format, then I have experienced the same issue, and opted to switch to a different medium, Excel being the obvious choice.

If you are using "Publications" and a link for the users to access, then that may be a/the problem.  If the users are going into the Domo card and exporting it themselves, then it should just be a matter of choosing Excel.

**Say thank you by clicking the 'thumbs up'
    **Be sure to select the answer that represents the best solution and mark as "Accept as Solution"
  • Thanks @ckatzman.

I've tried both ways: exporting as Powerpoint or Excel or publishing w/ publications.

When exporting as Excel, it doesn't retain the conditional formatting that I'm putting into the fields using a beast mode field. If I export as Powerpoint, it limits what I can see to a single slide (no scrolling).

If I publish the page, its view is limited like a Powerpoint export.

• ckatzman
    ckatzman Contributor

Got it.

What kind of conditional formatting are you applying?  Still thinking in terms of an Excel output, and while not as aesthetically pleasing, perhaps you can accomplish the same net effect by creating some sort of flagged values in a Beast Mode column to draw attention (as opposed to color highlights, or something like that)?  What about using HTML in a BeastMode to employ the use of ASCII symbols to convey the result of a conditional format?  those should still export properly, I would think.

**Be sure to select the answer that represents the best solution and mark as "Accept as Solution"
  • theCliffs
    theCliffs Member
    Answer ✓

We're getting farther away from the original idea of publishing the table. I'll accept this as a solution seeing that it doesn't seem like there's a way to publish a table that displays all rows. I may submit it as an idea to consider.

Thanks for your ideas!

@ckatzman wrote:

Got it.

• ckatzman
    ckatzman Contributor

If you submit it, I'll vote for it.  I've had the same thought about just letting a table card roll to multiple pages if necessary due to length.  May just be card builder responsibility to make sure the columns fit, but the rows should just flow to extra pages if needed.  

Good luck!

• Here you are:

https://dojo.domo.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange/Table-Row-Limit-when-Publishing-Card/idi-p/15920

@ckatzman wrote:

If you submit it, I'll vote for it.  I've had the same thought about just letting a table card roll to multiple pages if necessary due to length.  May just be card builder responsibility to make sure the columns fit, but the rows should just flow to extra pages if needed.  

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.