Date column not recognized

Hi all,

I have built a Google Spreadsheet, which I am pulling into Domo to feed a card. 

All data comes in well, but no matter what I do, Domo won't recognize the column <date> as a date column. 

I concatenate the filed, and I tried several versions:

2016-13-01

2016/13/01

01-13-2016

01/13/2016

Domo won't recognize it. I also tried a beastmode calculation to force Domo to recognize it as a date column, but that didn't work either. 

Does anyone have an idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Jorge

Best Answer

Answers

• ckatzman
    ckatzman Contributor
    Answer ✓

We import all of our date data in the 'YYYY-MM-DD' format, though i will admit that we do not use Google Spreadsheets.

The one thing i note from your date example, is it looks like maybe you are doing YYYY-DD-MM...  (ie, there is no month 13)

The other thing you could try is pulling the pieces apart and using the STR_TO_DATE() function... examples can be found here - https://knowledge.domo.com/Visualize/Adding_Cards_to_Domo/KPI_Cards/Transforming_Data_Using_Beast_Mode/02Beast_Mode_Functions_Reference_Guide

**Say thank you by clicking the 'thumbs up'
    **Be sure to select the answer that represents the best solution and mark as "Accept as Solution"
  • Thanks cktzman!

Solution for me was as follows:

- change syntax of date column to YYY-DD-MM

- ensure that empty spaces (without a date) were filled with a date like 1999-01-01 (which I later on filter out). 

That did it. Thanks a lot again!