Combining two data sets

Hi. I have two datasets. One is leads generated by date by employee (in addition to other fields). The other is hours worked by date by employee (in addition to other fields). I have tried to combine this with Magic ETL but the data never comes out right. I want to be able to calculate leads per hour and be able to display hours and leads on the same chart. I've matched on date and employee. I'm wondering if ETL is maybe not the right approach because each lead is one row whereas each day is a row in the hours dataset. Not sure. Help please.

Best Answer

Answers

• Bulloko
    Bulloko Domo Employee

@CBlandon - You might be able to find more help in the ETL / Dataflow area - https://dojo.domo.com/t5/Beast-Mode-ETL-Dataflow/bd-p/Beast - but I'll take a stab at helping (I'm more connector savvy).

It would help to know what your end goal of this data is. Also, when you DO combine it what are you seeing and what do you want to be seeing?

• kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

@CBlandon, tagging you to check out Bulloko's reply. 

• The end goal is to be able to calculate leads by hour by employee. Leads and employee are in one data set. Hours and employee are in the other data set. What I'm seeing in the final data set is either no data at all in the fields (hours, leads, employee and I created a beastmode for leads per hour) or I only see data from the Hours data set.

• kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

@Bulloko, can you provide further insight?

• Bulloko
    Bulloko Domo Employee
    Answer ✓

Ahh... it might be best to try and re-ask the question on the BeastMode / ETL / DataFlow board - https://dojo.domo.com/t5/Beast-Mode-ETL-Dataflow/bd-p/Beast - they'll know better the ins and outs of combining data.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help. I focus more in the individually connectors, how they work, etc.

• kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

@CBlandon, tagging you to check out Bulloko's reply. 

• @CBlandon Did you ever find out how to do this? I'm struggling with a similar situation.