I created multiple datasets of the same data, How can I bulk delete?

I was installing the FB quickstart app and had to try multiple times to connect my data.  When I finally got it to work I realized that I had created a ton of duplicate datasets.  How can I easily bulk delete all the datasets and start over?

Thank You

Adam

Comments

• kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

Hi all,

Can anybody help @adam2739 with their question?

Thanks!

• alexpeay
    alexpeay Domo Employee

@adam2739 today in Domo we do not have bulk actions in the Data Center. This is something that we are considering in the roadmap. 

If you are looking to do bulk removal you could use the Domo Data APIs which have a deletion option:

https://developer.domo.com/docs/domo-apis/data#API%20-%20Delete%20a%20DataSet

This can be scripted to delete the DataSets you need from a simple program.

Going down the bulk action discussion, are there other actions that you would like to see have a bulk component? 

Thanks,

Alex Peay
    Product Manager
    Domo
  • Thank you for the response!

As far as what else I would like to see in bulk.....I'm a pretty new user so I don't know what I don't know.  

Thank you

Adam W

• alexpeay
    alexpeay Domo Employee

@adam2739 Then welcome to Domo!

As you have ideas please add them here. Some of the things we are considering with Delete are:

• Run Now
    • Scheduling
    • Pausing
    • Change Config
    • Copy (this would be one at a time but would help making multiple DataSets)

Let me know if these posts are helpful, give the posts a like (it will help the moderators know that you have what you need)

Alex Peay
    Product Manager
    Domo
  • @alexpeay, are there any existing ideas on this to vote up?

• alexpeay
    alexpeay Domo Employee

@JustAGirlyGeek no need to upvote ro submit. Idea accepted, approved and on roadmap for delivery in early 2017.

Alex Peay
    Product Manager
    Domo
  • So has this feature been added? I need to bulk delete about 90 dummy data sources and I don't fancy doing it one by one Smiley Very Happy

• cwolman
    cwolman Contributor

In the data center you can click on the check mark next to multiple datasets, click on the gear icon and choose delete.

-----------------
    Chris
  • Thank you!!! FYI for anyone else that can't find this, the option to select only appears when you hover over a data set, then when you select it you will see a select all option along the top