Is it possible to drill into a calendar while using a Year View by MONTH rather than Day?

I am using a calendar view to show events for the entire year, however I can't drill into a month to get a month based view, I can only drill into the days with events, within that month.calview.png

Best Answer

Answers

• smurray
    smurray Domo Employee

Based on the card type, the month is not clickable. Therefore it is not drillable. The individual date is what is sent and so if you clear the filter it will show you the month view, which is what I believe you are looking for.

However a work around is to create a Month Year column and then use the Page Analyzer. You can then select the Month/ Year combo you want to view and it will change it to a month view, based on the data select. As long is it is set to Auto in the view prefence.

Steps to reproduce:

First you need supporting data:

In MySQL you can use something like this in your DataFlow:

concat(monthname(a.`date`), ' ' ,year(a.`date`)) as 'MonthYear Name'

In Magic ETL

you can add a Date Operations, Value Mapper, and then a Combine Columns actions and you can get the same results.

Screen Shot 2016-05-03 at 3.44.48 PM.png

Once you have the data, Edit your card as follows:

Set the view preferences to Auto, like below:

Screen Shot 2016-05-03 at 3.49.05 PM.png

Now when you view the page you can enable the feature by following these steps:

This is image below shows clicking on the Page Analyzer (the blue filter), with the option of the MonthName column.

Screen Shot 2016-05-03 at 3.46.00 PM.png

After you select an option you see it filters down below:

Screen Shot 2016-05-03 at 3.46.25 PM.png

Good Luck!

• kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor
    Answer ✓

@PaulFinn, did smurray's reply help answer your question?

This discussion has been closed.