Personalized Data Permissions

I'm getting an error in the data preview for a datasource link that was emailed by a colleague for an SQL datasource he has been working on. 

"This data set now utilizes Personalized Data Permissions (PDP)."

Can anyone provid any information on this?

Best Answer

• Bulloko
    Bulloko Domo Employee
    Answer ✓

Personalized Data Permissions is a way of restricting a DataSet so that only certain users or groups can see certain parts of it.

For example I could have 1 "Leads" DataSet and then separate it out based on area of expertise to the different groups in my department.

To be able to use DataFlows with a PDP DataSet I believe you must be an admin or the owner. Are you an Admin or the Owner of said DataSet?

Answers

• Bulloko
    Bulloko Domo Employee
    Answer ✓

Personalized Data Permissions is a way of restricting a DataSet so that only certain users or groups can see certain parts of it.

For example I could have 1 "Leads" DataSet and then separate it out based on area of expertise to the different groups in my department.

To be able to use DataFlows with a PDP DataSet I believe you must be an admin or the owner. Are you an Admin or the Owner of said DataSet?

• kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

@Rcb0325, did Bulloko's reply help you out? 

• Rcb0325
    Rcb0325 Member

Yes I believe so. I need to follow up with the creator of the dataset that is giving us this message.

• Hi 

I am unable to see  Personalized Data Permissions (PDP)  option for my datasets.I am using Trail version and I am admin and owner of the dataset.

Thanks in advance