Stacked Bar Chart Sorting Incorrectly

I have a stacked bar chart and would like to sort it in decending order based on the sum of the metric used in the chart.  Instead of sorting by the total for the y axis category, it's sorting based on the total for category/series combination.  The screenshot below shows an example where the sorting only factors the y axis category/series with the greatest value instead of the y axis category total across all of the series'

stacked bar chart example.PNG

Comments

• ckatzman
    ckatzman Contributor

I'm not able to see your image, but based on description I believe I had the same issue and found a cheat solution that worked for me.  Rather than using a single series to define my "stack", I used Beast mode to create independent results for each possible series category, and brought in those multiple pre-aggregated results.  In this way i was still able to sort the stack based on the total population, and controlled the stack order based on the order in which i brought in each Beast Mode calc.

**Say thank you by clicking the 'thumbs up'
    **Be sure to select the answer that represents the best solution and mark as "Accept as Solution"
  • kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

@nlinnell, did ckatzman's reply help you ou?

This discussion has been closed.