Can Workbench be installed on Citrix?

Has anyone installed Workbench on Citrix? I can't find any documentation on this.

Best Answer

• ckatzman
    ckatzman Contributor
    Answer ✓

My organization has Workbench installed on a Citrix Remote Desktop instance.  It installed the same way you would on a local desktop.  The advantage here being that it's "always on", enabling us to configure our jobs to use the scheduling features in Workbench (which run through Windows Task Scheduler) to fire some SQL Server Stored Procedures, which in turn run our daily ETL jobs and load the data to Domo every morning.  These were tasks that we previously had to execute manually.

**Say thank you by clicking the 'thumbs up'
    **Be sure to select the answer that represents the best solution and mark as "Accept as Solution"

Answers

• ckatzman
    ckatzman Contributor
    Answer ✓

My organization has Workbench installed on a Citrix Remote Desktop instance.  It installed the same way you would on a local desktop.  The advantage here being that it's "always on", enabling us to configure our jobs to use the scheduling features in Workbench (which run through Windows Task Scheduler) to fire some SQL Server Stored Procedures, which in turn run our daily ETL jobs and load the data to Domo every morning.  These were tasks that we previously had to execute manually.

**Say thank you by clicking the 'thumbs up'
    **Be sure to select the answer that represents the best solution and mark as "Accept as Solution"
  • kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

@dale_anderson, did ckatzman's reply help answer your question?

• Thanks. We will try this method.

This discussion has been closed.