Hi, I am trying to get a connector for the census data. Anyone tried that before?

Hi,

I am trying to get a map with market penetration so i need to get census data. Sugestions? anyone?

thanks, 

Celine

Comments

• ckatzman
    ckatzman Contributor

Hi Celine,

I saw your post yesterday, and was curious about the possibilities.  DOMO has rolled out capabilities for building your own API connectors, something I was just introduced to yesterday in a call.   Check out https://developer.domo.com/; Build Your Own Custom Connector.  I also checked out the Census Bureau website and found that they do provide info to help you get connected.  I looked at the Decennial census page here, and it provides information on how to make the API Call.  There are lots of other pages and datasets though, so that might not be the right one for your needs.

The aforementioned Domo for Developers page also provides a sample walkthrough for a connector that was built for some USGS data.  Looks like all of the pieces are there for a technical-user to be able to follow.

Good luck!

**Say thank you by clicking the 'thumbs up'
    **Be sure to select the answer that represents the best solution and mark as "Accept as Solution"
  • kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

@CelineH, did any of the above replies help you out?