Can I have 2 numbers (% and absolute value) in the summary number section of a card?

CelineH
CelineH Member
edited March 2023 in Datasets

I am looking for a way to have 2 numbers in the summary number section (% and absolute value). How can I display both?

Thanks,

Celine

Best Answers

• Godiepi
    Godiepi Coach
    Answer ✓

Hi @CelineH,

There is a way to do that through a Beastmode. Basically you will need to create a formula concatenating the folowwing things:

CONCAT(                                                                  

(FormulaForThePercentage),

'% sign plus the name you give your calculation',

(FormulaForTheAbsoluteValue),

'Name you give your formula')

ones you create your beastmode make sure to check the box "Apply to Summary Number" and save.

recently I posted about this, here it is the link

https://dojo.domo.com/t5/Domo-Dojo-Contest-January-2016/quot-Best-Beast-Mode-Formula-quot/idi-p/7840

This is an example , a formula I currently use. hope it helps you

CONCAT(FLOOR(
    (SUM(CASE
    WHEN ((DateDiff(AddDate(Current_Date(),-1),`TransactionDate`) <= 91) AND (DateDiff(AddDate(Current_Date(),-1),`TransactionDate`) >= 1)) THEN `Fee$` END)
     /
     SUM(CASE
    WHEN ((DateDiff(AddDate(Current_Date(),-1),`TransactionDate`) <= 181) AND (DateDiff(AddDate(Current_Date(),-1),`TransactionDate`) > 91)) THEN `Fee$` END))*100-100)
    ,'% Quarterly ',
    FLOOR(
    (SUM(CASE
    WHEN ((DateDiff(AddDate(Current_Date(),-1),`TransactionDate`) <= 91) AND (DateDiff(AddDate(Current_Date(),-1),`TransactionDate`) >= 1)) THEN `Fee$` END)
     /
     SUM(CASE
    WHEN ((DateDiff(AddDate(Current_Date(),-1),`TransactionDate`) <= 451) AND (DateDiff(AddDate(Current_Date(),-1),`TransactionDate`) > 361)) THEN `Fee$` END))*100-100)
    ,'% Annually')

Beastmode Summary number.PNG

Domo Arigato!

**Say 'Thanks' by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as 'Accepted Solution'
  • Shevy
    Shevy Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Add a ROUND(XXXX , 4) to the equation. CONCAT( ROUND((SUM(`Calculation Use 1`)/COUNT(`Phone`)),4)*100,'% Conversion Rate',' ',',', COUNT(`Phone`),' ','Total Leads')
    Dojo Community Member
    ** Please like responses by clicking on the thumbs up
    ** Please Accept / check the answer that solved your problem / answered your question.

Answers

• Godiepi
    Godiepi Coach
    Answer ✓

Hi @CelineH,

There is a way to do that through a Beastmode. Basically you will need to create a formula concatenating the folowwing things:

CONCAT(                                                                  

(FormulaForThePercentage),

'% sign plus the name you give your calculation',

(FormulaForTheAbsoluteValue),

'Name you give your formula')

ones you create your beastmode make sure to check the box "Apply to Summary Number" and save.

recently I posted about this, here it is the link

https://dojo.domo.com/t5/Domo-Dojo-Contest-January-2016/quot-Best-Beast-Mode-Formula-quot/idi-p/7840

This is an example , a formula I currently use. hope it helps you

CONCAT(FLOOR(
    (SUM(CASE
     /
     SUM(CASE
    WHEN ((DateDiff(AddDate(Current_Date(),-1),`TransactionDate`) <= 181) AND (DateDiff(AddDate(Current_Date(),-1),`TransactionDate`) > 91)) THEN `Fee$` END))*100-100)
    ,'% Quarterly ',
    FLOOR(
    (SUM(CASE
     /
     SUM(CASE
    WHEN ((DateDiff(AddDate(Current_Date(),-1),`TransactionDate`) <= 451) AND (DateDiff(AddDate(Current_Date(),-1),`TransactionDate`) > 361)) THEN `Fee$` END))*100-100)
    ,'% Annually')

Beastmode Summary number.PNG

Domo Arigato!

• Shevy
    Shevy Contributor
    This works great and we have employed situations like this as well. One item to keep in mind, is if you use this, you cannot get these metrics to appear in your Daily DOMO digest. It will not pick up a concat statement. So weight the tradeoff of one card vs. the auto email update of KPI's. No right answer here - just a tradeoff to consider!
    Dojo Community Member
    ** Please Accept / check the answer that solved your problem / answered your question.
  • kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

@CelineH, did any of the above replies help answer your question?

• Yes it finally worked! 

thanks!

• Great! could you mark the answer that was the solution. that would help others who come into this post.
    Domo Arigato!

• CONCAT(
    (SUM(`Calculation Use 1`)/COUNT(`Phone`))*100,'% Conversion Rate',' ',',',
    COUNT(`Phone`),' ','Total Leads')

My only concern right now is the %number is super long and i can't manage to get it rounded. Any suggestions?

• Shevy
    Shevy Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Add a ROUND(XXXX , 4) to the equation. CONCAT( ROUND((SUM(`Calculation Use 1`)/COUNT(`Phone`)),4)*100,'% Conversion Rate',' ',',', COUNT(`Phone`),' ','Total Leads')
    Dojo Community Member
  • Thanks!!! it worked perfertly