How do I get unique values from a column?

Zel
Zel Member

Hi all. I need help in getting the unique values from a certain column. See example below

Say I have this column below with multiple duplicate names in it, I only need to show one for each name. Please help. If it's possible through beastmode, it would be better, because I'm also utilizing slicer/filter for this card, so I have to use same dataset. Thank you

Best Answer

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓

@Zel In that case you can keep using a grouped bar chart with Tech Name on the X axis and Normalized Store Chain in the series. If you are still encountering duplicates, then be sure to remove any sort fields in the card.

Answers

• If you are in a table card, one way is to drag that same column in again as the 1st column and choose count. Then in the chart properties, General - Hide Columns, enter 1. This will hide the 1st column and the aggregation that you chose will remove the duplicates.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Zel
    Zel Member

Hi, @MarkSnodgrass, I'm using a grouped bar chart. Is there a way to achieve this?

• @Zel How do you currently have your grouped bar chart set up in analyzer and how do you want it to look? If you just want a single bar per tech name, then I'd suggest using a stacked bar chart with Tech Name on the X Axis and removing any sort fields. A grouped bar chart is best for if you wanted to see values for each tech name over time, so it would make sense that your tech names are duplicated in the card.

• Zel
    Zel Member

Hi @MichelleH. It should look like this:

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓

@Zel In that case you can keep using a grouped bar chart with Tech Name on the X axis and Normalized Store Chain in the series. If you are still encountering duplicates, then be sure to remove any sort fields in the card.

• Zel
    Zel Member

Wow! @MichelleH thank you so much, it looks perfect! :D