Heat Map Hours Off

Hi,

I am trying to make a heatmap. I created a beastmode to help organize the hours to go in chronological order (attached screenshot). However, this doesn't seem to be working (attached screenshot). I am not organizing the times by count in the filters. Could anyone help me figure out what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!

Tagged:

Answers

• RobSomers
    RobSomers Coach
    edited March 2023

@chrissy Your hour beastmode column is in text so it is sorting it in aplphabetical order, so 1 pm comes right after 1 am alphabetically speaking. Try creating another beastmode that gives hours 1-11 a value of 1 and hours 12-23 a value of 2. Then add this beastmode as a sort before your hour sort.

Alternatively, you could get the time value instead, using this and see if that sorts the issue out:

TIME_FORMAT(TIME('virtual check-in date'),'%h %p')

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**

**Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

• @chrissy I agree with @RobSomers that it is not sorting correctly because it is viewing the field as text. You can also sort by HOUR(`virtual_checkin_date`) since that is already a numeric field.

• Hi @RobSomers

Thanks for your help. I tried to do what you suggested, but struggled. I am probably doing the forumla wrong. As you can tell (in the screenshots) it still did not sort by hours. I tried the other two beast mode recommendations you and Michelle recommended but it still wouldn't sort by hour. Do you have any advice? Thanks!

• @chrissy Does it sort correctly if you change the order of your sort fields (i.e. drag “Number Sorting” above “Sorted Day of Week”)?

• Hi @MichelleH -

Unfortunately it does not, it just rearranges the numbers again