Restricting Access to card based on Criteria

Hello, I was wondering if there is the capability to restrict access to parts of a card based upon who is viewing it. For instance, could I share a card with a certain individual with one specific filter that is not able to be changed? Thank you for your help.

Answers

• Hi @Logan_M@Logan_Jolly

This currently isn't an option to restrict individual filters on a card based on who is viewing it. You could post this to the Ideas Exchange as potential feature that others could vote on.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • RobSomers
    RobSomers Coach
    edited January 2023

@Logan_Jolly Depending on what the restriction is you want to apply and your data, you could look into PDP's. This would be applied to the dataset, so as long as the PDP would be fine across any card on this dataset, then you could set up a PDP so the user can only see a certain department or type of product or any other condition.

• @RobSomers Hey Rob, I'm creating a table that includes information about field members performance and there are some team members that will need access to the whole table. However, I was hoping to limit field member access to the card so they will only be able to view their performance and not see the complete table. Thank you for your help.

• @Logan_Jolly That sounds like a good time to implement PDP's. For the PDP's you would need to set up a trusted attribute (email, employee id) that you use in the data to identify their data in the table rows. You would then add users who need to see everything to the All Data PDP, and then set up a PDP using that trusted attribute and add the field members or an everyone group to that PDP. Then each field member would only be able to see the data that is tied to them, and anyone in the all data PDP could see everything.