Course Builder App loaded into Domo Format Issue

I am still new to Domo, and even moreso with Course Builder. I have created my first training app in Course Builder and have been successful uploading it to our Domo instance. However, when I attempt to create a card so the app can be viewed, it automatically goes into portrait layout instead of landscape. This cuts off a lot of the text I have written.

I am aware I can re-write the entire app and make the text fit, but it will not correct the in-line videos.

Is there some trick I am missing?

Comments

• @Ashleigh is a veteran user of CourseBuilder. She may be able to help you.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • @MarkSnodgrass thanks!

@jnoel There have been some issues when viewing the card in a dashboard vs regular. Does it look the same if you look in full screen vs on a dashboard? Usually, when building in CB it should be in the same format that it will be in Domo.

**If this answer solved your problem be sure to like it and accept it as a solution!

• Hi Ashleigh,

Everything looks normal in Course Builder, but when I try to make a card out of the assets I uploaded, it flips from landscape to portrait. Those are my only 2 places where I can view what I've created.

• Ok, here comes the newbie part....

When looking at the preview of the card I wanted to create, it was always in portrait orientation. I never saved the card. So, I took a chance and just saved the card and then went back to our Overview page, and it was displaying correctly. So, it looks like my issue resolved itself. Good to know for next time.

• JosephMeyers
    JosephMeyers Domo Employee

The preview on the wiring screen doesn't take into account the app sizing in the manifest. It just tries to best fit the space. If the app isn't full page enabled it will appear as portrait and centered in that space.