How do I open the datasource editor

I'm trying to edit a dataconnrctor by following the directions for 'Editing a Datasource from the home page' found here: https://support.google.com/datastudio/answer/7178497#zippy=%2Cin-this-article.

(1) Sign in to Data Studio. (2) At the top of the Data Studio home page, click Data Sources. (3) Browse or search for the data source you wish to edit. (4) Click that data source in the list.

If I hover over my dataset at step 3, a wrench icon appears on the far right, but clicking that doesn't provide an edit option. Only view details, view tags, view data and delete.

Clicking the dataset itself, per step 4 of the instructions, brings up an overview page, but again, there is no option to edit.

Tagged:

Answers

• the directions you reference are not for Domo, but for Google. In Domo, if you want to edit an ETL for a dataset, the easiest way is to go to a dataset or dataflow in the datacenter and find your dataset and then go to the far right and click on the wrench and choose Edit. If edit is not an option, you likely don't have permissions to edit ETLs. Here is a link to more information.

https://domohelp.domo.com/hc/en-us/categories/360003124753-Transforming-Data-in-Domo

Hope this helps.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Thanks Mark. There was no edit option. What got me where I needed to be was to select details in the wrench, then select 'settings' from the ribbon at the top. (The one that says overview, data, cards, settings, etc ...) Settings brought up the interface I was looking for. It allowed me to edit my connector.

• I was wondering if the settings were what you were actually looking for. I meant to mention that in my first response. Glad you found it!

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.