Connecting to Secure Teams Channel with SharePoint Online connector

I can successfully connect to a spreadsheet in a Teams site with the relative url:

/sites/xxxxx/Shared Documents/test/test.xlsx

but not:

/sites/xxxxx/Shared Documents/test2/test.xlsx

The "test2" is a secured channel in Teams but the account I'm using for credentials on the connector is a member of the secured channel. Anyone able to connect to files located in a Teams secure channel? I get a "value specified for server relative url is not valid" error message.

Thanks!

Brad

Answers

• According to Microsoft's documentation "each private channel has its own SharePoint site". Within Teams, if you click on Open in SharePoint for the secure channel on the Files tab and look at the path and then do the same for a regular channel in within the same Team, compare the URLs and see if they are different. Here is a link to the documentation that explains it.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • BradRussell
    BradRussell Member
    edited August 2021

Thanks for your help and I apologize for the slow response. I have been out of town.

Comparing the SharePoint paths is where I started but there must be a flag or some hidden code that makes it private. At least I can find the difference in the paths that makes it work. All of the searching I have done has come up with dead ends. As a work around, I think I'm going to have to create a new separate team that mimics the contents of my private channel. I wish Microsoft had better documentation and more flexibility with private channels but I guess we play the hand we are dealt not the one we want.

If anyone else knows the magic syntax to connect to private channels. I'd sure appreciate it!