Odd sorting issue when filtering

I have a card that displays the average leads per day of the week. To sort the days of the week in a chronological order I used dayofweek(`date_entered`) beast mode calculation to get the days of the week detail. Unfiltered everything looks good gives the average for each day of the week, Sunday - Monday. Once you filter, like say to region or channel it throws the sorting off and things fall out of chronological order. I'm not sure exactly why this is happening. any suggestions, or insight would be appreciated.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

@user048760 Yes, using SUM would change the sorting. Click on the pencil icon to edit the sorting criteria and choose No Aggregation. That should fix your issue.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• Do you have any other fields in your Sorting properties? Or is the dayofweek beast mode field the only field that is in the Sorting properties?

• @MarkSnodgrass It is only that daysofweek beast mode, but it is aggregated 'Sum' in the filtering field I'm not sure if that has any influence. I just saw it and thought it was peculiar.

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

@user048760 Yes, using SUM would change the sorting. Click on the pencil icon to edit the sorting criteria and choose No Aggregation. That should fix your issue.