DOMO Workbench 4 Log Export

Jessica
Jessica Contributor

We have been having some issues recently with Workbench jobs and I would like to be able to compare the job activity between jobs that were successful and jobs that had errors.

I can select only one line on the log at a time and export that (using copy/paste)

I was wondering if there was a way that I could export all log files for a specific job maybe based on date?

I don't see this in workbench and I did try and export the job under tools but that is a replication of the job set up, not the logs from the runtime instances.

Please advise

Best Answer

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    Answer ✓

@Jessica talk to your CSM, this is a dataset that Domo can make available to clients (it may be a premium / addon)

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    edited May 2021

On the computer where my workbench is installed, I see all the log files are stored in C:\ProgramData\Domo\Workbench\Logs and there is a new log file for each date. Uploading each log file would be quite tedious, but I did find a way via command prompt to combine multiple text files into one. The full walkthrough is here: https://www.online-tech-tips.com/free-software-downloads/combine-text-files/ and the actual command prompt would look like this:

for /R %f in (*.txt) do type “%f” >> c:\Test\output.txt

This command also combines them

copy *.txt output.txt

This would give you one file to upload and then it would be a matter of constructing the correct ETL process to clean it up into something that gets you what you want.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Jessica
    Jessica Contributor

I am confused because you said "Uploading each log file would be quite tedious,"

I am not trying to upload anything, I am trying to DOWNload logs.

• @Jessica Sorry, I thought you wanted to export the Workbench logs that are stored on the computer running workbench and upload them to Domo to analyze them. That is what I explaining how to do.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    Answer ✓

@Jessica talk to your CSM, this is a dataset that Domo can make available to clients (it may be a premium / addon)

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"