CustomApp - Dashboard & OtherCard

Hi to all,

We developed a CustomApp to get "custom" data from AA and ee wish use a card build on this app in some Dashboard.

We need that the CustomApp's card knows what are the other card that are on the dashboard to appropriately filter the query that the CustomApp's code make on AA.

We can't set this constraint on manifest.json level, because if we use this way, we must build and deploy a CustomApp for every dashboard, and is not a maintenable solution. We also wish hidden this filter so we can't use the dashboard's filters in this case also because that filters can be disabled by the user.

So the question is: there is a way to permit the code of the CustomApp detect wath others cards there are in the dashboard?

Thanks,

Stefano G.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    Answer ✓

@stefanlambert ,

... you can easily do what's available in the domo.js function.

If you're building Dashboards that are filtered to subsets of data, consider creating a filtered Dataset View. Then point all your cards and app to the filtered DSV.

You don't want to be setting up dashboards where the cards are filtered to a specific (for example) department, because then when you have to set up a new dashboard for a different department you have to do a lot of work.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"

Answers

• @StefanoG try to take the approach of building the 'interactions' experience you have with 'normal' Domo cards.

take a look at domo.onFiltersUpdate

Jae Wilson

**Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Hi @jaeW_at_Onyx, domo.onFiltersUpdate is trigger If a page filter is applied.

I need that all works also in access to the dashboard, also when none filter is selected. The data are filtered in the card (with the analyzer) every dashboard has a card that query the same dataset but with different filters (setting on the building of the card using the analyzer).

I wish to know if the CusomApp can read the data that are on that card (that are already filtred) and not the data of the dataset. Otherwise if the customapp can kmow what are the other cards that are in the same dashboard

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    Answer ✓

@stefanlambert ,

... you can easily do what's available in the domo.js function.

If you're building Dashboards that are filtered to subsets of data, consider creating a filtered Dataset View. Then point all your cards and app to the filtered DSV.

You don't want to be setting up dashboards where the cards are filtered to a specific (for example) department, because then when you have to set up a new dashboard for a different department you have to do a lot of work.

Jae Wilson