Need to control a recursive with a Timestamp

@here

I'm doing a recursive to build client data over time and using the Date of incoming calls as the match column to determine duplicates to be excluded.  However, sometimes the data changes, so what was going to be 2.7% on 8/15 has been changed to 3.5% on 8/15... hence the datestamp.

How do I build into my recursive the instruction to always keep the data with the most recent timestamp for that date?

Comments

• Sorry, I didn't finish my thought!  Will requiring a match between both the Date AND the Timestamp overcome that problem?  I'm thinking it will but I'm brand new to DOMO, so would like some advice.

• your scenario is unclear.  please define what one row means in your input dataset.

if i had to guess the granularity is

one row per phone call.  and it sounds like the phoneCall date can be updated after the first recording of the phone call.

If that is correct you can APPEND New_Data and Historical_Data, then use WINDOW&RANK to ROW_NUMBER your data, PARTITION BY phoneCall_ID and Order by TimeStamp.

Then FILTER where RowNumber = 1

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • @jaeW_at_Onyx  Thanks for the response!

The granularity for a row on this particular dataset is the percentage of forecast calls for the day which are anticipated to come in at a particular hour.  For example, 08/15/22 17:30 is 0.00002.  However the forecast can change and 08/15/22 17:30 may change to 0.00012.  I need to make sure that change happens in the data rather than creating a duplicate.

• 'you can APPEND New_Data and Historical_Data, then use WINDOW&RANK to ROW_NUMBER your data, PARTITION BY phoneCall_ID and Order by TimeStamp.'

Make your partition at the granularity of the data (dateTime it sounds like) order by timestamp.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"