Creating a Distinct Column Name and Showing Last Completed Order

SLam
SLam Member

Scenario: There are thousands of customers that are placing orders on a daily basis, which include repeat customers.

I am trying to build a card that will:

1) Show the customer's name once on my card

2) Show the last time they placed an order.

Is there a way to make the 'CustomerName' column a unique value without creating beast mode? If not, then I could not find any distinct function other than 'Count Distinct' and 'Sum Distinct' which does not give me the customer's name.

Thank you for the help!

Best Answer

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    Answer ✓

Capture.PNGworks as anticipated.  with just Min and Max(date)

if this isn't the result you're getting, make sure you don't have anything in the ORDER / SORT clause that would be changing the cardinality expressed.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"

Answers

• I think you could just put Name on the axis and create a MAX(Date) in a Beast mode.

Jae Wilson

**Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Hi Jae,

Is there a way I can remove duplicates from my name column? When I added a beast mode column with max(date), it essentially is the same as an existing CompletedDate column. I think it's because there are duplicate customer names with multiple orders.

• Upload a Sample dataset that spans these duplicates you're returning to.  It's 1AM over here ? but I'll see if I can't get you something for tomorrow.

you can email me directly at jae@onyxreporting.com or DM me in the Global Slack Channel

Jae Wilson

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    Answer ✓

Capture.PNGworks as anticipated.  with just Min and Max(date)

if this isn't the result you're getting, make sure you don't have anything in the ORDER / SORT clause that would be changing the cardinality expressed.

Jae Wilson

• Thanks Jae!

This discussion has been closed.