Issue with Data export from domo

I am using domo SDK and trying to export data from domo.Out of all rows i could see some of the rows are. not getting. properly.Domo stores data  in csv format and some of columns is having comma in between the string. Is there a way to have strings enclosed with "" to avoid getting rows break.

ex- 

name,address,company

gcy,bengaluru,moto

arc,SJ,Balwin road,xgy

Here 2st record has address as "SJ,Balwin road"

Comments

• Hi @user046353 

Which SDK / language are you using?

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • We are using SDK/Java and using exportDataWithQueryToFile method. Is there a way to enclosed all columns in ". If we do this we can avoid data  issues.

ex-

name,address,company

"gcy","bengaluru","moto"

"arc","SJ,Balwin road","xgy"

Pls let me know how this can be done?

• @user046353

1)  does the CSV open properly in Excel?

2) if you took the export from Domo and re-imported it into Domo using a CSV connector, does it interpret the data properly?

If yes to both, then I imagine Domo / Support would say,"the data is parseable by standard tools," leaving the responsibility to you to reformat the data the way you want."

if both Excel and Domo fail to parse the data properly, then I would open a support ticket with Domo b/c you're right, there should be a way to escape delimiters.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"