Decline in Survey Responses?

Options
Cartergan
Cartergan Contributor
edited March 2023 in Scheduled Reports

Good afternoon all, 

I'm not sure of the best place to put this so here we are. 

I wanted to reach out in hopes of putting some of my curisoity to rest. Does anyone elses company deploy surveys to members/customers to help track satisfaction? But the main quetsion: from these surveys, have you noticed a general decline in responses received? 

I personally think in this day and age more and more people are omitting surveys unless there is a suitable gain or incentive for them involved. 

Thank you for any and all insights!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Can you elaborate on the type of surveys you're managing?

Thx!

• Cartergan
    Cartergan Contributor
    Options

We're mainly sending out surveys to members focused around satisfaction from their last transaction or business done at a branch (I work at a Credit Union). I was wondering if others in similar or different fields were noticing that their survey responses are gradually becomming lower, or if maybe it is the way we as a company are sending the surveys out. 

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    Options

I can't answer if 'people are doing fewer surveys' but there are some established ways to measure the effectiveness of your survey.

A/B testing is possibly one of the more better known and easily understood methods.

https://www.optimizely.com/optimization-glossary/ab-testing/

Basically you have the same survey that you send out with two different layouts (A and B ? and then you measure open rates.

Similarly maybe it's a scheduling problem, so you could also do a form of AB testing where you send the survey at different times.

There are many permutations you can explore here.  Not to promote another product ? but hubspot has a lot of ... snackable ... blogs and articles to support marketing campaigns, and they even cover surveys.

https://blog.hubspot.com/service/surveys

Just make sure to track your A/B metrics in Domo ?

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Cartergan
    Cartergan Contributor
    Options

@jaeW_at_Onyx 

This is some great info! Thank you so much for your input. 

This discussion has been closed.