Anonymize a column of data

I would love to be able to convert or transform a column of data to anonymize it.  For example, I have a clients data set that we use all the time but I would also like to be able to have the client column have a replica column where all the names are converted or anonymized.  This way I can use the same data but keep the identity and client names private as needed. Any ideas on how to edit a column or the data in this way?

Search:  anonymous, anonymized, encrypted, converted

Comments

• What I have done when I need to anonymize names like this is create an Excel file that contains the client's real name and then another column that has a fake name. In my case, I needed to change last names, so I googled most popular last names, copied the list from the table and pasted it into my Excel file next to the real last names. I then uploaded the file and joined it in the ETL and used the Select Columns to use the fake name as the new last name. 

This may not be feasible for you if you have thousands and thousands of clients, but thought I would suggest it.

Hope this helps.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.