How to know if a dataset is being used in a dataflow?

I have datasets which I want to delete. However I am not sure if these are being used in a dataflow. I have hundreds of dataflows so I don't want to go into each one of them to check. 

Is there a way to check which dataflows is a dataset used in?

Comments

• Cartergan
    Cartergan Contributor

When viewing the Dataflow, on the overview tab it will show you how many cards, datasets, and dataflows the dataflow is being used in. 2020-01-13 08_58_32-Branch Surveys - Domo.png

• hamza_123
    hamza_123 Contributor

Hi @Cartergan 

That is exactly what I was trying to avoid (as I mentioned in my question). I have hundreds of dataflows I don't want to go into each dataflow and check if a dataset I am looking for is being used. 

I wanted another way to see in which dataflows is a particular dataset being used. 

• Cartergan
    Cartergan Contributor
  • @hamza_123 

Have you installed the DomoStats - Datasets and Dataflows app from the app store? It might have what you are looking for. It will create a page with a number of cards with analytics about your datasets and dataflows. I think you might have tweak one of the cards that it creates to get what you want, but it should get you pretty close to what you are looking for. 

In the app store, search for Domostats and then look for the DomoStats - Datasets and Dataflows in the app section.

Hope this helps.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • hamza_123
    hamza_123 Contributor

@MarkSnodgrass  that's one way to look at it. 

Thanks 

• bdavis
    bdavis Contributor

There's a Domo Governance app that lets you create about 8-12 datasets about pages, datasets, dataflows, cards, etc. We use these to help us create cards showing duplicated names/similar names, datasets that aren't following our naming scheme, orphaned cards, etc. The inputs for dataflows is in there as well.