Data Table and Page Filters

How do I change the data table that my page filter is referring to?  On my page I have cards that use two different tables but when I create a page level fitler it seems to default to table A, however I want it to use table B so that I can filter using attributes from table B.  How can I select which table my fitler will use?

Best Answer

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

When you add a page filter, if your column name is in multiple datasets, there will be a right arrow > that you want to click on. This allows you to select all datasets. Choose that and then when you use the filter, it will affect all the cards on that page that use those datasets. Here are some screenshots of adding the page filter. 

filter1.PNGfilter2.PNG

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

When you add a page filter, if your column name is in multiple datasets, there will be a right arrow > that you want to click on. This allows you to select all datasets. Choose that and then when you use the filter, it will affect all the cards on that page that use those datasets. Here are some screenshots of adding the page filter. 

filter1.PNGfilter2.PNG

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Very nice.  Thanks for pointing that out.  I didn't notice the drop down arrows off to the side.  I see them now and see how they work for my pages.

Thank you

This discussion has been closed.