filter rows

I am trying to run a filter rows operation on one of my datasets for when field gn_id = '2013159', but when I do this nothing comes up....I'm getting duplicate Id's and thought if I could narrow down to that order I could find my duplicate problem, but when I add my filter nothing comes up....all I have is gn_id = 'a specific value' = 2013159

Best Answer

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

How many rows are in your dataset? By default the preview only pulls the first 10,000 rows. If the ID you are trying to filter on is not in that 1st 10k, then your filter will come up empty. You can change the preview to pull a larger number of rows so that it pulls the ID you are looking for. You could also export the dataset to excel to analyze it to try and determine where your issue is. Hope this helps.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• @meadow_ryan ,

Couple of questions which may help how we can narrow it down:

1. Are you running the ETL or just hitting preview?
    2. What is the datatype of the gn_id column?

Thanks!

Jim

• just hitting preview

gn_id is a number

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

How many rows are in your dataset? By default the preview only pulls the first 10,000 rows. If the ID you are trying to filter on is not in that 1st 10k, then your filter will come up empty. You can change the preview to pull a larger number of rows so that it pulls the ID you are looking for. You could also export the dataset to excel to analyze it to try and determine where your issue is. Hope this helps.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.