Sum Total in Textbox

I am having trouble getting the sum of the value to display in my dynamic textbox. The only options I see that are even close to what I need is to choose the macro as %_FIRST_VALUE or %_MAXIMUM_VALUE. 

All I want to do is get the sum of the value for all of the categories. That way once I filter on the category level the values will change accordingly.

Any help on this issue?

Thanks!!

Best Answer

• Godiepi
    Godiepi Coach
    Answer ✓

You can create a Blank Label beastmode to use as the Category in the settings of the Dynamic Textbox

that way there will be only 1 value to display

Beastmode = ' '

..... or you can  use a regular TextBox card

Domo Arigato!

**Say 'Thanks' by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as 'Accepted Solution'

Answers

• Are you using the text box as part of the Dashboard layout?  Or the card "Text Box" card type?

If you are using the Dashboard layout, you can select the kind of aggregation to be performed:1.png

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • Godiepi
    Godiepi Coach
    Answer ✓

You can create a Blank Label beastmode to use as the Category in the settings of the Dynamic Textbox

that way there will be only 1 value to display

Beastmode = ' '

..... or you can  use a regular TextBox card

Domo Arigato!

• @ST_-Superman-_   I think we were both replying at the same time ?

anyways, I notice you have the option to create a summary number within a textbox in a dashboard design ? I don't see that option in my instance ... is it in beta ? also the ability to select the Text font ?

this is what I have : Screen Shot 05-15-19 at 03.05 PM.PNG

Domo Arigato!

• Apologies.  It is very possible that is a part of a beta I am participating in.  I forget which beta programs have gone live and which are still not fully available yet.

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • Oh no problem , Domo is who needs to apologize because we are in the beta program too and don't see that option available for us LOL
    Domo Arigato!

• Ha.  Talk to @chucki to get added to the beta emails and he will keep you updated on what's available as they release the betas.  You have to opt in to each beta program separately.  

• Great thanks this worked!

This discussion has been closed.