Help on Beast Mode Concat Format

Current I get for a Summary 2711 Meetings and $143043062 Total Est. Budget but I am looking for the $ amount to include comma separators and two decimal. Am using a beast mode of CONCAT(COUNT(`Meeting Identifier`),' Meetings and $', SUM(`Total Estimated Budget`),' Total Est. Budget') and I am a novice and painfully stuck. Any help is apprecaited. 

Best Answer

• ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓

What we could really use here is the FORMAT() function.  @DaniBoy  (hint, hint)

However, as that is not an option for beastmodes, we will have to get more creative with our solution.

It's going to look something like this... but I have not had the time to test it out:

CONCAT(
    COUNT(`Meeting Identifier`)
    ,' Meetings and $'
    ,left(
    round(sum(`Total Estimated Budget`),2),
    MOD(
    (LENGTH(round(sum(`Total Estimated Budget`),2))),3
    ))
    ,case when (LENGTH(round(sum(`Total Estimated Budget`),2))/3) >1 then ',' else '.' end
    ,case when (LENGTH(round(sum(`Total Estimated Budget`),2))/3) >1 then SUBSTRING(round(sum(`Total Estimated Budget`),2),MOD(
    )+1,3) else RIGHT(round(SUM(`Total Estimated Budget`),2),2) end
    ,case when (LENGTH(round(sum(`Total Estimated Budget`),2))/3) >2 then ',' end
    ,case when (LENGTH(round(sum(`Total Estimated Budget`),2))/3) >2 then SUBSTRING(round(sum(`Total Estimated Budget`),2),MOD(
    ,' Total Est. Budget'
    )

I did get this to work with my sample data:1.png

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman

Answers

• ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓

What we could really use here is the FORMAT() function.  @DaniBoy  (hint, hint)

However, as that is not an option for beastmodes, we will have to get more creative with our solution.

It's going to look something like this... but I have not had the time to test it out:

CONCAT(
    COUNT(`Meeting Identifier`)
    ,' Meetings and $'
    ,left(
    round(sum(`Total Estimated Budget`),2),
    MOD(
    ))
    ,case when (LENGTH(round(sum(`Total Estimated Budget`),2))/3) >1 then ',' else '.' end
    ,case when (LENGTH(round(sum(`Total Estimated Budget`),2))/3) >1 then SUBSTRING(round(sum(`Total Estimated Budget`),2),MOD(
    ,case when (LENGTH(round(sum(`Total Estimated Budget`),2))/3) >2 then ',' end
    ,case when (LENGTH(round(sum(`Total Estimated Budget`),2))/3) >2 then SUBSTRING(round(sum(`Total Estimated Budget`),2),MOD(
    ,' Total Est. Budget'
    )

I did get this to work with my sample data:1.png

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • ST_-Superman- - Endless thanks - worked like a charm. Now I just need to dive in and understand it for future use. You made me and my client happy campers. Very much apprecaited. And I have submitted FORMAT as an enhancement request as I know many others have also done.