Transform Timezone for Entire Dataset

I've been incorrectly bringing data into a dataset (appending) for months now assuming it was coming in as UTC and then Domo converting it to EST. However apparently the data was in EST the whole time and being incorrectly represented in Domo since it was being converted. I know I can add the transform to the Workbench job to correct the data going forward however I have all this past data that I need to convert. What's the best practices here?

**Make sure to like any users posts that helped you and accept the ones who solved your issue.**

Comments

• Does the database that your workbench is pulling the data from still contain your historical data?  

If so, you could run the job once as a full replace and then switch it back to an append

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • guitarhero23
    guitarhero23 Contributor

Unfortuantely it does not, if contains X most recent records that get replaced as more come in so I have a lot of stuff that doesn't exist anymore

**Make sure to like any users posts that helped you and accept the ones who solved your issue.**
  • cwolman
    cwolman Contributor

I would recommend running the historical data through a dataflow and utilizing the convert timezone function to convert the field to UTC.

-----------------
    Chris
This discussion has been closed.