Stacked bar chart that compares period over period

Options

Would love to see a stacked bar chart that compares period over period:

e.g. Total Sales, broken out by territory (East/West/Central)., but compared by Q1, Q2, etc.

Helps me to see comparatives by time period.

Best Answer

• ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓
    Options

The beast modes were in my first picture 

it’s just:

QUARTER(‘date_field’)

and

YEAR(‘date_field’)

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman

Answers

• ST_-Superman-_
    Options

You can accomplish this using the new category 2 field.

1.png

Let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Or please provide some kind of sketch or screenshot if you had something else in mind.

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • jamfmike
    Options

Hmmm...i was hoping they would be right next to each other (like Q1 2017 vs Q1 2018, etc.)...Domo Support told me it wasn't available yet.

But that could work for now.

• ST_-Superman-_
    Options

Just swap quarter and year then:2.png

• ST_-Superman-_
    Options

oops, I also switched that last chart to a grouped bar and not a stacked bar

• jamfmike
    Options

This could definitely work. Let me try it...

• [Deleted User]
    Options

I moved this out of ideas exchange to the Card Building board since it may be possible in current functionality and you will be able to give likes to the replies!

• jamfmike
    Options

Ok, I tried it. I think I need to get a beast mode calculation that gives me the dates to compare - like the "quarter, or invoice year." in your chart.

Right now, all I have is 36,000 opportunities, but they are showing the individual date of each closed opportunity (like 1/1/19, etc.). 

Or is there another way you got the category?

• ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓
    Options

The beast modes were in my first picture 

it’s just:

QUARTER(‘date_field’)

and

YEAR(‘date_field’)

• jamfmike
    Options

Whoa. TIL!

Had no idea you could do that. A newbie just learning my way around. Will try this today.

This discussion has been closed.