Displaying Revenue for Multiple Revenue fields on an Opportunity from Salesforce in the same Card

Nick
Nick Member

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to build a card in Domo to display revenue from different products on an opportunity in Salesforce. What I've done so far is I've got different rollup fields in SF that display the revenue based on these different products on the opportunity. There's 3 specifically I'm worried about. They're all currency fields. What I'm wanting to see in Domo is a stacked bar chart that shows me the amount of revenue in a quarter that's segmented by these three different revenue fields. The X Axis is the owner of the opportunity. So above each opportunity owner I want to see a bar that's segmented into these three different revenue types. What I've tried is I created a field that sums the revenue from all three, put that in the Y Axis, and I input the revenue amounts for each revenue type into the series.  When I do this though it stacks the total amount for all three on top of the different segments - which obviously doesn't work because it's essentially doubling everything. I'm pretty new to domo so I'm pretty sure I'm missing something here. Any suggestions about what else I should do?

Best Answer

• ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓

I think you want to use the Stacked Bar chart type.  The x axis should be opp owner.  the y axis should be revenue measure 1, with revenue measure 2 and 3 both added as "series"

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman

Answers

• KurtF
    KurtF Domo Employee

I don't think you need to put the three fields into a single BeastMode. If your Series field is numeric you should be able to drag more than one into that space within the Analyzer. Try dragging each field separately into the Series space. You may need to select an Aggregate option of SUM to be able to drag the subsequent fields in.

KurtF
    **Say “Thanks” by clicking the “heart” in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Nick
    Nick Member

I created a field that totals all three in Salesforce, and I'm using that as the Y Axis. Sorry that may not have been clear. With that as the Y Axis, and me putting each of the three revenue measures into my series it causes everything to double up. I've got the total for all 3 stacking on top of the other 3. I'm not sure what else I could put in my Y Axis though that allows me to keep all three of my revenue fields in the series and isn't just random noise. 

• ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓

I think you want to use the Stacked Bar chart type.  The x axis should be opp owner.  the y axis should be revenue measure 1, with revenue measure 2 and 3 both added as "series"

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • Nick
    Nick Member

I clearly have a lot more I need to learn. That worked, but I don't totally understand why that was the solution. Now that I have it in front of me though I can work through that. Thanks so much for your help!

This discussion has been closed.