Deleting Beastmodes

cwolman
cwolman Contributor
edited November 2022 in Beast Mode

I am almost 1 year into using Domo and am in the process of trying to clean up cards and datasets and would like to remove old beastmodes.  I am having trouble where Domo is telling me the beastmodes are in use on cards that I cannot find or access in my instance.  I am an administrator of my instance so I should be able to access all cards.

One example is I have a card that Admin states is on 2 pages (Favorites and Today).  I verified the beastmode is not in use on the card on the Today page.  There are no cards under my Favorites so how do I access this card on the Favorites page?  If the same card is on 2 pages then I assume it was copied and removing the beastmode from the card should have removed it from both?

Thank you,

Chris

-----------------
Chris

Best Answer

• RabidCougar
    RabidCougar Member
    Answer ✓

Fantastic question. Deleting beast modes can be challenging due to all the places they are used. One of the things that can complicate the issue is drill paths. Because those are technically cards too--albeit dependent cards. So the first thing I would do is check the drill paths of the cards Domo says are using the beast modes. If we're lucky, those cards have drill paths using the beast mode. If not . . . it's still doable, but it won't be straightforward.

Answers

• RabidCougar
    RabidCougar Member
    Answer ✓

Fantastic question. Deleting beast modes can be challenging due to all the places they are used. One of the things that can complicate the issue is drill paths. Because those are technically cards too--albeit dependent cards. So the first thing I would do is check the drill paths of the cards Domo says are using the beast modes. If we're lucky, those cards have drill paths using the beast mode. If not . . . it's still doable, but it won't be straightforward.

• cwolman
    cwolman Contributor

Fantastic solution!  I forgot about the beastmodes being utilized in drill down cards.  I found the last remaining card and successfully deleted the beastmode.

Thank you,

Chris

-----------------
    Chris
  • Excellent! I am glad you were able to find them.