Running Sum with Stacked Bar

AttuAk
AttuAk Member

I would like to build a card to show results by time period but also add a line to show the cumulative percentage.  Something like the image I have attached.  I can build the bars, but how do I add the line that is a percent of the total over these time periods?

Thanks.

Comments

• This is done automatically for you when using the Pareto chart type under the 'Vertical Bar' section

image.png

Give that a go and let me know if that's not what you're looking for.

Sincerely,

ValiantSpur

**Please mark "Accept as Solution" if this post solves your problem
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.

• AttuAk
    AttuAk Member

This is close but I still need the values to be stacked to be able to show a series.  Is that possible?

• rahul93
    rahul93 Contributor

Use a Line + stacked bar. Sort your series such that the cumulative percentages are first followed by other categories. Making the percentages first ensures that they appear as a line. 

• How could you achieve a graph that is like a pareto but the bars are stacked?

• rahul93
    rahul93 Contributor

In order to create what you want, you would choose the line + stacked bar char. Create a column that has the percentages and values. For example : 
    Base Dataset:

A    |  B 
    qw 10
    zx 10
    as 10

Target Dataset: 

A   |   B  |  C  |   D
    qw  10     V    10
    qw    10    P    33.3
    zx  10     V    10
    zx    10     V    33.3
    as    10    P    33.3
    as 10     V     10

V stands for Value and p stands for percentage. Column A would be on the X axis , D on y- axis and C as the series. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

This discussion has been closed.