CTE not running for dataset self join

somer
somer Member

I am trying to combine a dataset with itself to calculate two flavors of one column. I could not figure out why it should npt work. I apreciate your help as I am new to mysql syntax

WITH
cte1 AS (SELECT `period`, `FY/Qtr`, Count(`contract number`) AS `Total`, `PFA Type` FROM cm_reports_dates Group by `period`, `FY/Qtr`, `PFA Type`),
cte2 AS (SELECT COUNT(`contract number`) AS `Frequency`, `pfa Type` FROM cm_reports_dates where `interval` < 30 group by `PFA Type`)
SELECT `period`, `FY/Qtr`, Total, cte1.`PFA Type`, Frequency FROM cte1 join cte2
WHERE cte1.`pfa type` = cte2.`pfa type`;

Thanks

Sam

Comments

• AS
    AS Coach

What is the erro message you're seeing?

It looks good to me except maybe your join.

Try 

FROM cte1, cte2
    WHERE cte1.`pfa type` = cte2.`pfa type`;

OR

FROM cte1 join cte2
    ON cte1.`pfa type` = cte2.`pfa type`;

Aaron
    MajorDomo @ Merit Medical

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • somer
    somer Member

I am trying to use cte since I am operating one field from one dataset. Here is the error message I am getting attached.

Thanks

• AS
    AS Coach

This might be a problem with the way Domo has implemented mySQL CTE functionality.

Instead you could try listing your cte1 and cte2 as subqueries in your FROM clause.

Aaron
    MajorDomo @ Merit Medical

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"