Web form as a data input

Shevy
Shevy Contributor
Is there a way to use a Web form or some type of card to get an input from a user on some basic assumptions. Allow a user to input or change a datapoint and have a card update dynamically? Updating a web form can trigger a dataflow which updayes the card. Thinking I may need to create a domo app but hoping there may be another solution as giving access to datasets/Web form is not intuitive or easy for basic user.
Dojo Community Member
** Please like responses by clicking on the thumbs up
** Please Accept / check the answer that solved your problem / answered your question.

Comments

• Bulloko
    Bulloko Domo Employee

@Shevy - I apologize, I don't fully understand your question.

It sounds like your goal is to have some sort of web form users can edit and then have that dynamically update in Domo? 

• Shevy
    Shevy Contributor

Yes - my goal is to have the ability to allow a user to change an assumption and have that dynamically update.  Could be a webform or any other solution.

Dojo Community Member
    ** Please Accept / check the answer that solved your problem / answered your question.
  • kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

Hi all,

Can anybody help @Shevy out?

Thanks!

• Johnf
    Johnf Contributor

@Shevy,  Yes, you can create a Domo online form and then use it as a dataset for another card. Create the form using the following:

Add Card>Design>Domo Online Form>Input your data into the spreadsheet like form and save.

Then you would link this card in a dataflow.

The employee would need edit rights to update the online form.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks,

Johnf

• Shevy
    Shevy Contributor
    Thanks, trying not to give them access to data source but to an input "card" Maybe a good idea to add to new ideas.
    Dojo Community Member
  • GIriarte
    GIriarte Contributor

I proposed the following idea last year which is under review now. Any support (vote) could help to get traction:

https://dojo.domo.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange-suggest-and-vote/Dynamic-Goal-setting-Manual-setting-by-user-Applicable-to/idi-p/7403

In the mean time you can use the web form or other external sources as an excel file shared in your server, using share point or using other external tool like Smartsheet. In all cases the integration with DOMO is easy. Once you get the data into DOMO you can combine the data with your main data set via workflow. Every time the goal's file changes it will run the workflow and update the charts with updated goals.

• Shevy
    Shevy Contributor
    Perfect I did go like it. Thanks for pointing it out.
    Dojo Community Member