Domo >Salesforce API Calls & Impact

I have a large # of connections to Salesforce across almost every object (Leads, Accounts, Campaigns, Opportunities) and have it connected in multiple ways (via Query, via Direct Object, via Reports). 

In some instances, I have multiple connections to the same object, but with different queries.

If I have Domo hitting Salesforce on one object every 15 minutes where the Domo request is "pull 15,000 records", is that ONE API call or 15,000 API calls? 

I need to re-evaluate my API call strategy. 

Comments

• kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

Hi all,

Can anybody help @christophorce with their question?

Thanks!

• andrewnemrow
    andrewnemrow Domo Employee

Thank you for your question. Domo handles all of the API optimization for your datasets, so there is not a lot besides scheduling that you can do to further optimize. Can you provide more information about the scheduling layout of your Salesforce datasets?

Thank you,

Andrew N.

Domo Support

• kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

@christophorce, can you answer andrewnemrow's follow-up question to better assist you?

• I am researching a performance issue in SF and trying to determine whether DOMO is having an impact. My SF admin has asked me which methods are being used by DOMO to access data:

"Do you know which API of Salesforce that DOMO connects to?  Bulk? Soap? Rest?"

can anyone answer this?

• kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

@DennisL, please feel free to open up a new thread for better exposure to your question.

• ok, will do.