I'm doing a basic single vertical bar chart, and I want the data labels to show all the time.

cwalliser
cwalliser Member
edited March 2023 in Datasets

The help file says a single bar chart should have the "show" option on data label settings. But I only see it on a pareto chart, not a single bar chart. What am I missing? 

Best Answer

• ckatzman
    ckatzman Contributor
    Answer ✓

In card edit mode, go to chart settings, data label settings, and in the text box (a hover will appear to help guide you), pick the type of label value you want to display.  for example, type '%_VALUE' and the macro will populate the # representing your sum/count/etc. for each bar.  you can still play with other settings then to align, show vertically, change font size, etc.

**Say thank you by clicking the 'thumbs up'
    **Be sure to select the answer that represents the best solution and mark as "Accept as Solution"

Answers

• ckatzman
    ckatzman Contributor
    Answer ✓

In card edit mode, go to chart settings, data label settings, and in the text box (a hover will appear to help guide you), pick the type of label value you want to display.  for example, type '%_VALUE' and the macro will populate the # representing your sum/count/etc. for each bar.  you can still play with other settings then to align, show vertically, change font size, etc.

**Say thank you by clicking the 'thumbs up'
    **Be sure to select the answer that represents the best solution and mark as "Accept as Solution"
  • Thank you ckatzman, that is what I was looking for. I was looking at the % symbol as a percent function, not a variable. More coffee...